Sandra M. Rocks’ practice focuses on commercial financing, including secured transaction and bankruptcy law.
Sandra joined the firm in 1980 and became counsel in 1990.
- Serves on the TriBar Committee on Legal Opinions and participated in the preparation of TriBar’s original and updated reports on security interest opinions under Article 9 of the Uniform Commercial Code (UCC)
- Former Chair, Task Force on Cleared Swaps of the American Bar Association Business Law Section UCC Committee; former Co-chair, Investment Securities Sub-Committee of the UCC Committee (two nonconsecutive terms); and former Chair, International Commercial Law Subcommittee of the UCC Committee
- ABA Liaison-Advisor to the Permanent Editorial Board of the Uniform Commercial Code, 2005 to 2008
- Served on the Subcommittee on Investment Securities’ Task Force on Proposed Treasury Regulations Governing Book-Entry Securities, which studied and provided comments to the U.S. Department of the Treasury on regulations governing book-entry Treasury securities
- Participated on behalf of EMTA (formerly the Emerging Markets Traders Association) in UNIDROIT projects to create Netting Principles (finalized May 2013) and the Convention on Substantive Rules for Intermediated Securities (finalized October 2009), also acting as a co-coordinator for the private financial sector for UNIDROIT’s Study Group on this project, and in the development by The Hague Conference on Private International Law on the Law Applicable to Certain Rights in Respect of Securities Held with Intermediaries (finalized December 2002)
- Member, Subcommittee on Legal Issues of the Group of 30 Global Monitoring Committee, 2005
- Participated as an industry expert in connection with the United Nations Convention on the Assignment of Receivables in International Trade (finalized in 2004)
- Member of the Securities and Exchange Commission’s Market Transactions Advisory Committee, established to advise ways in which to reduce risk in the efficient clearance and settlement of market transactions; chaired the bankruptcy subcommittee of that group, which issued its final report in 1997
- Member of the executive committee of the board of directors of Susquehanna University
- Member of the executive committee of the board of directors of Hazon
- Member of the American Law Institute and a member of the American College of Commercial Finance Lawyers
- “The ABCs of the UCC, Article 8: Investment Securities,” The American Bar Association Second Edition, January 2015 (co-author with Carl Bjerre).
- “Survey of International Commercial Law Developments,” The Business Lawyer’s August editions, 2001 to 2004 (co-author).
April 20, 2017
February 22, 2017
November 13, 2012
March 23, 2012
June 16, 2011
January 28, 2010
January 13, 2010
January 29, 2009
January 14, 2009