Till Hackstein’s practice focuses on domestic and international litigation and arbitration.
Till acts as counsel to private clients and sovereign governments in a wide variety of commercial litigations and international arbitrations before state courts and leading arbitral institutions.
His arbitration and litigation experience includes advising claimants and respondents in commercial, energy, intellectual property (FRAND), and post-merger and acquisition disputes as well as in securities litigations. He also assists clients with enforcement matters and interim relief.
Till is a representative of the firm in the DIS | ERA pledge gender champion initiative aiming to promote greater gender diversity in respect to arbitrator appointments. He is also an individual signatory to the Equal Representation in Arbitration and the Greener Arbitration Pledge.
Till joined the firm in 2020. Previously, he was a stagiaire in the Frankfurt office.
- Cleary Gottlieb Representative in the DIS-ERA Pledge Gender Champion Initiative
- Member of the team charged with the official German translation of the 2020 IBA Rules on the Taking of Evidence in International Arbitration as well as the Commentary on the revised text of the Rules
- Selected as Mentee in the 2021 Mentorship Program of the Institute for Transnational Arbitration (Young ITA Mentorship Program)
- Young ITA at the Institute for Transnational Arbitration, Young ITA (Member)
- International Chamber of Commerce Young Arbitrator Forum, ICC YAF (Member)
- German Initiative of Young Arbitration Practitioners at the German Institution of Arbitration, DIS 40 (Member)
- Young Singapore International Arbitration Centre Group, YSIAC (Member)
“U.S. Discovery in German Arbitrations and State Court Litigations After the U.S. Supreme Court’s Decision in ‘ZF Automotive US, Inc. v. Luxshare, Ltd.’ and ‘AlixPartners, LLC v. Fund for Protection of Investors’ Rights in Foreign States,’” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memorandum, June 27, 2022.
“An Examination of the 2020 Revision of the IBA Rules of Evidence” in SchiedsVZ (German arbitration journal) 2021, Issue 6, p. 315 et seq., co-author with Harry Nettlau and Zachary O’Dell
April 6, 2022
March 26, 2021
February 23, 2021