Practice Support Coordinator
We are looking for a full-time litigation technology specialist for our European Practice Support Group in our Brussels office.
Under the direction of a senior attorney and in conjunction with other Firm staff attorneys and associates, our litigation technology specialists assist our legal teams on technical aspects of litigation support and e-discovery. Successful litigation technology specialists demonstrate substantial working litigation technology expertise, strong client service focus, resourcefulness, and effective problem-solving under pressure in our fast-paced, complex, and dynamic environment. The Brussels Practice Support Team employs an international group of technicians and offers the opportunity to work with state of the art technology.
Summary of Core Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides expertise on litigation support software and hardware to include recommending, developing, maintaining, and troubleshooting databases and imagebases;
- Assists in supporting computer networks;
- Oversees and monitors vendor projects for quality control, working with litigation teams to create and maintain document repositories and document tracking systems,testing and ensuring quality in all product deliverables;
- Coordinates with the Information Technology department to optimize hardware and network resources to support our Ediscovery operations;
- Assists in training attorneys and paralegals on document databases.
- 3-5 years experience in litigation technology industry or in a law firm;
- Substantial working knowledge in application and management of litigation technology platforms, databases and computer network technology such as Documatrix, Relativity, IPRO, Concordance, CaseMap, LAW, external web-based document repositories, and external web-based case management tools; experience with forensics tools and trial software, including Encase, Trial Director, etc, is a plus;
- Solid command of Microsoft applications;
- Excellent command of English; any other European language is an asset;
- Demonstrated interest in litigation technology;
- Demonstrated ability to manage computer networks and network storage;
- Effective oral and written communication skills for presentation and reporting functions;
- Strong organizational skills, ability to function effectively independently and as part of a team;
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw valid conclusions;
- Flexibility to work long hours as Firm needs require;
- Ability to work on own initiative and in a team based environment;
- Reliable, high energy; ability to work under pressure, and to adhere to deadlines;
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Professional ethic and manner–must demonstrate the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of the Firm’s internal and personnel affairs;
- Law Firm-IT or Paralegal background with experience in EU case management and litigation a plus.
Who to Contact:
Please send a cover letter and detailed curriculum vitae to BruAdminRecruit@cgsh.com.