The Royal Dutch Shell Carbon Emissions Decision
July 29, 2021
On May 26, 2021, the Hague Court issued a landmark judgment ordering Royal Dutch Shell to reduce its group CO2 emissions (scope 1-3) 45% by 2030 in comparison to 2019 levels.
In this co-hosted webinar, we addressed the judgment and reflect from European and U.S. perspectives on the judgment’s impact on companies, industries, and countries worldwide, with particular attention to disclosure aspects and litigation risks.
- Marloes Brans, Head of Climate Risk and Sustainability, Partner, Houthoff
- Clara Cibrario Assereto, Associate, Cleary Gottlieb, Rome
- Roger Cooper, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb, New York
- Albert Knigge, Partner, Houthoff
- Jeffrey Rosenthal, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb, New York
- Paul Sluijter, Counsel, Houthoff