Cleary Gottlieb Wins Record Tenth LatinFinance Law Firm of the Year Honor
January 27, 2023
Cleary Gottlieb has been named the “Law Firm of the Year” in Latin America by LatinFinance for a record tenth time.
LatinFinance honored Cleary in conjunction with its annual Deals of the Year Awards, where 11 of the firm’s matters and clients were recognized:
- Corporate High-Grade Bond of the Year (América Móvil $1 Billion Travel Bond)
- Corporate Issuer of the Year (América Móvil)
- Corporate Liability Management of the Year (Vale $1.3 Billion Liability Management)
- Corporate Local Currency Deal of the Year (Equatorial Energia’s Echoenergia Renewables Acquisition Financing)
- FI Deal of the Year (BCI Chile $500 Million Issuance)
- Quasi-Sovereign Bond of the Year (CFE Inaugural $1.75 Billion Sustainable Bond)
- Quasi-Sovereign Liability Management of the Year (Pemex $1 Billion Exchange & Tender Offer)
- Sovereign Bond of the Year (UMS $5.8 Billion Bond + Exchange)
- Sovereign ESG Deal of the Year (Republic of Chile Inaugural $2 Billion Sustainability-Linked Bond)
- Sovereign Liability Management of the Year (Dominican Republic $3.564 Billion Dual Tranche Offering)
- Syndicated Loan of the Year (CEMEX $3 Billion Sustainability-Linked Loan)
The LatinFinance awards capped another exceptional year for Cleary’s Latin America practice, which earned recognition from across the business and legal press for its work in the region.
- Named Americas Law Firm of the Year for the sixth time by IFLR
- Named No. 1 Firm in Latin America for the sixth year in a row by Latinvex
- Named International Counsel of the Year, Corporate Finance by Chambers Latin America
- Named International Counsel Law Firm of the Year by Chambers Brazil
- Named Top International Firm in Latin America for the tenth year in a row by Latin American Corporate Counsel Association
- The only top-tier firm in three categories (Banking & Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A) for the 14th year in a row by Chambers Latin America
- Winner of Americas High-Yield Team and Deal of the Year (YPF) by IFLR
- Winner of Deal of the Year: Banking and Finance (CEMEX) by Latin Lawyer
- Winner of International Matter of the Year (LATAM Airlines Group) by American Bankruptcy Institute
- Winner of Sovereign Bond Deal of the Year (Chile); Investment Grade Corporate Bond Deal of the Year (América Móvil – Sitios); Hybrid Bond Deal of the Year (CEMEX); Sovereign Liability Management Deal of the Year (Dominican Republic); Corporate Liability Management Deal of the Year (Pemex); ESG Loan Deal of the Year (CEMEX); BRL Deal of the Year (Vale) by Bonds & Loans Latin America & Caribbean.
Learn more about Cleary’s award-winning Latin America practice here.