The Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal: Debut Issue
May 17, 2016
The Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal, founded by Cleary Gottlieb lawyers and featuring contributions from colleagues and advisors around the world, focuses on emerging markets restructuring law and practice.
The publication aims to gather cutting-edge research while developing analyses of new laws and their practical applications from emerging markets across the globe. As the articles in our inaugural issue show, many emerging markets jurisdictions have rapidly evolving institutional and legal frameworks in common, requiring businesses, financial institutions and legal advisors to account for both black letter law and the practical realities on the ground.
We hope you find the articles in the Emerging Markets Restructuring Journal interesting and useful. We encourage you to email Polina Lyadnova (email@example.com), Adam Brenneman (firstname.lastname@example.org) or our managing editor Denise Filauro (email@example.com) with comments, questions and, of course, submissions for our second issue. You can also send any questions or suggestions for the next issue to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please see this issue’s full table of contents below, and click to download a PDF version of the journal.
- “LatAm Restructurings: The Mañana Complex,” by Marcelo Messer and Aubrey Zott (Rothschild)
- “Deal News/Mexico—Mexican Homebuilders Emerging from Bankruptcy,” by Sebastian Villaveces (Cleary Gottlieb)
- “Ten Years of the Brazilian Bankruptcy Code: Lessons, Challenges and Prospects,” by Giuliano Colombo and Thiago Braga Junqueira (Pinheiro Neto Advogados)
- “Deal News/Brazil–OGX Debt-for-Equity Exchange,” by Alicia Lobeiras (Cleary Gottlieb)
- “Untying the Gordian Knot: Restructuring Russian and CIS Companies Using English Law Schemes of Arrangement,” by Polina Lyadnova and Sui-Jim Ho (Cleary Gottlieb)
- “The Scheme of Arrangement: A Viable Option for Nigerian Companies in a Downturn?” by Dipo Okuribido (Verod Capital)
- “Rehabilitation in Kazakhstan: A Renewed Path for Businesses in Trouble,” by Joel Benjamin, Adlet Yerkinbayev, Kairat Baizakov and Maksim Grekov (Kinstellar)
- “Legislation Watch/Middle East—U.A.E. Set to Welcome New Insolvency Regime,” by Lawale Ladapo and Mariam Al-Alami (Cleary Gottlieb)
- “Options for Corporate Restructuring in Pakistan,” by Altaf Qureshi (Ijaz Ahmed & Associates)
- “Legislation Watch/India—Recent Insolvency and Bankruptcy Law Reforms in India,” by Shreya Lal Damodaran (Cleary Gottlieb)
- “Recent Amendments to the Bankruptcy Regulations in Russia,” by Polina Lyadnova, Victoria Karpova and Alexander Golovkin (Cleary Gottlieb)
- “Cross-Border Proceedings—Chapter 15 News,” by Lev Breydo (Cleary Gottlieb)
- “Deal News/Multi-Jurisdiction—Sale of Peruvian Assets to Save China Fishery Group from Liquidation,” by Alessandro Nolet (Cleary Gottlieb)