Cleary Gottlieb’s multidisciplinary team provides timely advice on capital solutions and special situation transactions.
Our global team advises all stakeholders, ranging from investors assessing opportunistic transactions to businesses addressing their own challenges, finding creative solutions to complex issues. We provide seamless strategic advice across many areas of the law, including M&A, debt finance, capital markets, restructuring and bankruptcy, litigation, real estate, and tax. Our expertise in the world’s key markets and our extensive coverage of emerging markets ensure that we are ready to represent clients around the globe.
Our Capital Solutions and Special Situations team focuses on:
- Up-tier exchanges and other liability management transactions
- Preferred equity, convertible bonds and hybrid security investments
- Backstop arrangements, rights offerings and exit financings
- Loan and loan portfolio acquisitions
- Rescue financings and recapitalizations
- Distressed M&A
- Loan-to-own strategies
- Hedging and other risk mitigation strategies
- Strategic investments in trade and airline lease claims
- Litigation finance
- Litigation for ad hoc groups and other stakeholders
- In-court and out-of-court restructurings
With our creative and collaborative approach, we are exceptionally qualified to achieve bespoke solutions for clients facing unique circumstances.