Duane McLaughlin’s practice focuses on financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
He regularly represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, focusing on bank financings, capital markets debt issuances and initial public offerings. Duane has extensive experience in acquisition financing transactions. Duane advises a number of NYSE and NASDAQ-listed U.S. and non-U.S. companies on corporate governance and disclosure matters. He has been involved in a number of transactions in Latin America.Duane joined the firm in 1999 and became a partner in 2007.
A consortium led by TPG Capital, PAG Asia Capital and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in the $830 million debt financing for the acquisition of DTZ, Inc., as well as, the subsequent $330 million debt financing for the acquisition by DTZ of Cassidy Turley; and, the $1.48 billion debt financing for the acquisition of Cushman & Wakefield.
Vertafore, Inc. in its $260 million second-lien facility and in the refinancing of its $550 million first-lien facility. Duane previously advised TPG Capital in the financing of its $1.4 billion acquisition of Vertafore.
Keysight Technologies in the $1.6 billion financing of its acquisition of Ixia.
Kraton in the $440 million financing of its acquisition of Arizona Chemical.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings in its IPO, follow-on equity offering and over $2 million in high yield debt issuances.
New Media Investment Group Inc. in:
- its acquisitions of A.H. Belo Corporation’s The Providence Journal for and Halifax Media Group as well as other debt financings; and
- the SEC registered spin off of shares of New Media owned by Newcastle Investment Corp., a REIT managed by Fortress Investment Group, and SEC-registered follow-on offerings of common shares through a block trade.
RCN Telecom Services, a portfolio company of TPG, in the financing of its $2.36 billion acquisition of Wave Broadband.
Codere, S.A. in its recent $300 million and €500 million high yield debt offerings of senior secured notes.
TPG Capital in:
- the debt financing for its $2.25 billion acquisitions of RCN and Grande Communications.
- the $645 million debt financing for its acquisition of Envision Pharmaceutical Services, as well as the $210 million debt financing for the subsequent acquisition by Envision of Medtrak and in its subsequent $2 billion announced sale to Rite Aid Corporation;
- the debt financing for its $525 million acquisition of RentPath, Inc. and TPG Capital and Rentpath, Inc. in connection with an equity investment by Providence Equity Partners in RentPath, Inc.;
- the debt financing for its $979 million acquisition of Nexeo Solutions, LLC; and
- Vertafore, Inc. in its $260 million second-lien facility and in the refinancing of its $550 million first-lien facility.
TRAC Intermodal Corp. and TRAC Intermodal LLC in various high yield debt issuances.
Western Digital in the $18.1 billion financing of its acquisition of SanDisk.
Westlake Chemical Corporation in the $3.9 billion financing of its acquisition of Axiall Corporation.
CODELCO (Corporación Nacional del Cobre de Chile) in its $6.75 billion bridge loan from Mitsui.
International issuers in financing transactions, including América Móvil, Coca-Cola FEMSA, CODELCO, Copa Airlines and FEMSA, in equity and debt financings.
The underwriters in over $16.5 billion of debt offerings by the Mexican cement company CEMEX and previously represented an international bank committee in connection with the restructuring and rescheduling of CEMEX’s bank and bond debt of approximately $15 billion of indebtedness, which LatinFinance named its “Best Restructuring Transaction of the Year” in 2010.
- 2017: “How Things are Different Outside Europe: USA/Asia,” 2nd Edition, A Practitioner’s Guide to Syndicated Lending (Sweet & Maxwell)
- 2010: “How Things are Different Outside Europe: USA/Asia,” 1st Edition, A Practitioner’s Guide to Syndicated Lending (Sweet & Maxwell)