Duane McLaughlin’s practice focuses on financing transactions and mergers and acquisitions.
He regularly represents private equity funds and their portfolio companies, and NYSE and NASDAQ-listed U.S. and non-U.S. companies, focusing on bank financings and capital markets debt issuances. Duane has extensive experience in acquisition financing transactions in both the high-grade and leveraged markets, and he has been involved in a number of transactions in Latin America.Duane joined the firm in 1999 and became a partner in 2007.
The arrangers in the financing for Brookfield Asset Management’s $11.4 billion acquisition of Forest City Realty Trust.
Cohu in the financing of its $796 million acquisition of Xcerra Corp.
Western Digital in the $18.1 billion financing of its acquisition of SanDisk and in the subsequent $7.25 billion refinancing of its credit facilities.
A consortium led by TPG Capital, PAG Asia Capital, and the Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in:
- the $830 million debt financing for the acquisition of DTZ Inc.,
- the $330 million debt financing for DTZ’s acquisition of Cassidy Turley,
- and, the $1.48 billion debt financing for DTZ’s acquisition of Cushman & Wakefield, and
- the refinancing of Cushman & Wakefield’s existing first-lien credit facilities with a new senior secured credit facility following the company’s initial public offering.
TPG Capital, and its portfolio companies, in numerous financing transactions, including:
- the debt financing for its $2.25 billion acquisitions of RCN Telecom Services and Grande Communications, and RCN in the financing of its $2.36 billion acquisition of Wave Broadband; and
- Kraton Performance Polymers in the $440 million financing of its acquisition of Arizona Chemical.
Belron S.A. in $1.025 billion and €705 million term and revolving credit facilities to repay debt and finance shareholder distributions in connection with a planned corporate reorganization.
Brookfield Asset Management and Capital Automotive in $1.315 billion term and revolving credit facilities, and in the subsequent repricing of its term loan facility.
Keysight Technologies in the $1.6 billion financing of its acquisition of Ixia.
Westlake Chemical Corp. in the $3.9 billion financing of its acquisition of Axiall Corp.
Nationstar Mortgage Holdings in its IPO, follow-on equity offering, and more than $2 million in high-yield debt issuances.
Codere S.A. in its $300 million and €500 million high-yield debt offerings of senior secured notes.
Domestic and international issuers in financing transactions, including América Móvil, Coca-Cola FEMSA, CODELCO, Copa Airlines, Creative Artists Agency, Evertec, FEMSA, New Media Investment Group, TRAC Intermodal, and Vitro in debt and equity financings.
The underwriters in more than $16.5 billion of debt offerings by the Mexican cement company CEMEX, and previously, an international bank committee in connection with the restructuring and rescheduling of CEMEX’s bank and bond debt of approximately $15 billion of indebtedness, which LatinFinance named its “Best Restructuring Transaction of the Year” in 2010.
- 2017: “How Things are Different Outside Europe: USA/Asia,” 2nd Edition, A Practitioner’s Guide to Syndicated Lending (Sweet & Maxwell)
- 2010: “How Things are Different Outside Europe: USA/Asia,” 1st Edition, A Practitioner’s Guide to Syndicated Lending (Sweet & Maxwell)