Christopher J. Cook’s practice focuses on international competition and antitrust law.
In the transactional field, he has extensive experience representing both transacting and opposing parties in mergers and joint ventures before the European Commission and various national antitrust regulators in and beyond Europe. He has also worked on a number of non-transactional competition matters in Europe and abroad involving alleged abusive conduct and cartel behaviour.
Christopher joined the firm in 1997, became counsel in 2006, and a partner in 2014. From 1997-99, he was based in the Washington, D.C., office.
“Recent Developments in EU Merger Remedies,” Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, May 2018.
European Merger Control Law: A Guide to the Merger Regulation, LexisNexis, annual publication.
- “The EU Commission fines a company for providing incorrect or misleading information during its investigation on a merger (Facebook / WhatsApp)”, by François-Charles Laprévote, Maurits Dolmans, Thomas Graf, Nicholas Levy, Francisco Enrique González-Díaz and Christopher Cook, e-Competitions, No. 84276, June 2017, pp. 1-4.
- “Real Review Timetables under the EU Merger Regulation,” Concurrences, 2017.
- “Recent Developments in EU Merger Remedies,” Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, 2017.
- “Recent Developments in EU Merger Remedies,” Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, 2016.
- “Recent Developments in EU Merger Remedies,” Journal of European Competition Law & Practice, 2015.
- “Developments in EU Private Antitrust Damages Litigation,” University of Barcelona, 2013.
- “Dominance,” EU Competition Law – Volume V Abuse of Dominance under Article 102 TFEU, Claeys & Casteels, Leuven, 2013 (61-113).
- “Implications of Settling an EU Cartel Investigation for a Prospective Civil Damages Defendant,” Global Competition Litigation Review, 2011.
- “EU Member State Court Experience in Applying EU Competition Law under Modernization,” EU and US Antitrust Arbitration – A Handbook for Practitioners, Ed. Gordon Blanke, Ed. Phillip Landolt, Kluwer Law International, 2011.
- “The Enforcement of EU Competition Law in Member State Courts: Experience to Date and the Path Ahead,” Competition Policy International, 2008.
- May 24, 2018 – CompLaw’s EU Merger Control 2018
- May 4, 2017 – ABA Global Seminar Series: Broadening the Innovation Theory of Harm in Merger Review – Moving from the Specific to the Speculative?
- February 2-3, 2017 – 5th IBA European Corporate and Private M&A Conference
- October 20-21, 2016 – The Association of General Counsel’s Annual Meeting
- April 28-29, 2015 – IBC Legal’s 24th Annual Forum: Advanced EU Competition Law 2016
- March 2, 2015 – Concurrences’ Law and Economics Workshop
- June 20, 2013 – CGSH Antitrust Seminar: Legal and Policy Issues Arising From Recent EU & US Antitrust Developments
- November 2012 – International Conference on Damages for Breach of Antitrust Rules
- April 20, 2010 – CGSH Antitrust Seminar: Global Antitrust Today
- November 7, 2008 – 14th IBRAC Global Antitrust Seminar
- November 1, 2008 – 52nd Union Internationale des Avocats (UIA) Congress
- October 8-9, 2008 – 25th AmCham EU Competition Policy Conference: Due Process and Institutional Trends in Competition Law Enforcement