Jan-Frederik Keustermans’ practice focuses on corporate and financial transactions, including cross-border mergers and acquisitions.
He also regularly advises corporate clients on privacy and data protection, as well as corporate, securities, and commercial law questions, including in relation to corporate governance, disclosure, and insider trading.
Jan-Frederik joined the firm in 2013 as a stagiaire and returned to the firm as an associate in 2015.
Finnish company Valmet in its acquisition of North American-based GL&V.
Umicore in its €142.4 million sale of its Umicore Zinc Chemicals business to OpenGate Capital.
State Grid International Development in connection with its proposed €850 million subscription of a 14 percent stake in Eandis Assets.
General Motors in the €1.3 billion sale of its Opel/Vauxhall subsidiary and in the €0.9 billion sale of its GM Financial’s European operations to PSA Group.
Agilent Technologies in its $250 million acquisition of ACEA Biosciences.
CVC Capital Partners (Fund V) in its exit sale of Continental Foods to GBfoods, a division of Spanish food group Agrolimen.
Graduate Editor, Journal of International Law and Politics, New York University School of Law
Editor in Chief, Jura Falconis, University of Leuven
- “The Dilemma of the Part-Time DPO – Lessons Learned from the Proximus Decision of the Belgian Data Protection Authority,” Cleary Cybersecurity and Privacy Watch, May 7, 2020
- “Europe and Japan Towards the Future – the First Post GDPR Adequacy Decision of the European Commission,” The Sedona Conference, June 2019
- “EU-Regulated Companies Faced With Personal Data Breach – Reconciling Obligations Under GDPR & MAR,” Pratt’s Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, October 2018
- “De vennootschapsrechtelijke geschillenregeling: een stand van zaken” Tijdschrift voor Rechtspersoon en Vennootschap, May 15, 2015
- “Legitimate Economic Efficiency in International Trade Law: Externalities and the Future of WTO Dispute Settlement” University of Tel Aviv, GlobalTrust Working Paper Series, March 12, 2015
- “Case Notes: Oxford Reports on International Law: International Trade Law” Oxford University Press, February 2015
- “De gewijzigde Prospectuswet doorgelicht” Tijdschrift voor Rechtspersoon en Vennootschap, July 1, 2014
- “Knelpunten in de vennootschapsrechtelijke geschillenregeling. Nieuwe inzichten uit de rechtspraak en interviews met magistraten” Tijdschrift voor Rechtspersoon en Vennootschap, February 15, 2014