Jane Rosen’s practice focuses on intellectual property and technology transactions, data privacy, and cybersecurity.
Jane advises on a broad range of matters related to the creation, commercialization, licensing, and transfer of rights in intellectual property, technology, and data. Her experience includes structuring, drafting, and negotiating the intellectual property, privacy and cyber-related aspects of complex M&A deals, joint ventures, financings, capital markets offerings and commercial arrangements, negotiating intellectual property and technology licenses, establishing customized privacy compliance documents and programs, and providing advice in connection with data-related transactions. Jane is designated as a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Jane joined the firm in 2013. Before attending law school, Jane worked in the media industry, including as CNN’s political editor and senior producer for a prime-time news program.
Pinterest in connection with its IPO.
Google in various transactions, including its $1.1 billion agreement with HTC relating to the smartphone design business, the sale of its Terra Bella satellite business to Planet Labs, its acquisitions of various companies, and restructuring matters.
3M in its $1 billion acquisition of the technology business of M*Modal.
McCormick & Company in its $4.2 billion acquisition of Reckitt Benckiser’s food business.
América Móvil in its acquisition of Telefónica Móviles Guatemala S.A. and its pending acquisitions of Telefónica Móviles El Salvador S.A. de C.V. and Nextel Telecomunicações Ltda.
CJ CheilJedang in its $1.8 billion acquisition of a controlling 80% stake in Schwan’s Company.
The Raine Group in its investment in Imagine Entertainment, the film and television production company led by longtime partners Ron Howard and Brian Grazer.
Henkel in its $485 million acquisition of Zotos International Inc.
Vitro in several matters, including its purchase of Pittsburgh Glass Works LLC’s automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) glass business.
Warburg Pincus in its acquisition of Duravant LLC.
Strategic advice in connection with data-related transactions, including maximizing data value for M&A purchasers.
- “California Consumer Privacy Act Amendments Offer Relief, but Challenges Remain,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, September 24, 2019 (co-author)
- “The DASHBOARD Act – Proposed New Law Would Force Large Technology Companies to Disclose the Value of Users’ Data,” Cleary Cybersecurity and Privacy Watch blog, July 9, 2019 (co-author)
- “Data Privacy and Cybersecurity in M&A: A New Era,” ABA’s Landslide Magazine, July/August 2018 (co-author).
- “California’s Groundbreaking Privacy Law: The New Front Line in the U.S. Privacy Debate,” Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, July 2018 (co-author)
- “FTC Settlement Signals the Importance of Service Provider Oversight,” Cleary Cybersecurity and Privacy Watch blog, May 9, 2018 (co-author)
- “Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: Challenges for Boards of Directors,” Pratt’s Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, April 2018 (co-author)
- “Navigating The Privacy Traps In M&A: Parts 1-3,” Law360, November 7-9, 2016 (co-author)
- “Supreme Court Curbs Patentability of Computerized Business Methods,” Intellectual Property and Technology Law Journal, September 2014 (co-author)
July 18, 2019
August 21, 2018
April 26, 2018