Jane Rosen’s practice focuses on intellectual property and technology transactions, data privacy, and cybersecurity.
Jane advises on a broad range of matters related to the creation, commercialization, licensing, and transfer of rights in intellectual property, technology, and data. Her experience includes structuring, drafting, and negotiating the intellectual property, technology and data-related aspects of agreements in the context of complex M&A deals, joint ventures, manufacturing and distribution arrangements, services engagements, financings, restructurings, and capital markets offerings. Jane’s experience includes crafting intellectual property, privacy and cyber protections for buyers and sellers in M&A agreements, negotiating intellectual property and technology licenses, establishing customized privacy compliance documents and programs, and providing advice in connection with data-related transactions. Jane is designated as a Certified Information Privacy Professional (CIPP/US) by the International Association of Privacy Professionals.
Jane joined the firm in 2013. Before attending law school, Jane worked for CNN, where she was the network’s political editor and senior producer for a prime time news program.
Google in various transactions, including its $1.1 billion agreement with HTC relating to the smartphone design business, the sale of its Terra Bella satellite business to Planet Labs, its acquisitions of various companies and restructuring matters.
McCormick & Company in its $4.2 billion acquisition of Reckitt Benckiser’s food business.
Vitro in several matters, including its purchase of Pittsburgh Glass Works LLC’s automotive Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) glass business.
Henkel in its $485 million acquisition of Zotos International, Inc.
The Raine Group in its investment in Imagine Entertainment, the film and television production company led by longtime partners Ron Howard and Brian Grazer.
Warburg Pincus in its acquisition of Duravant LLC.
Strategic advice in connection with data-related transactions, including maximizing data value for M&A purchasers.
- “Data Privacy and Cybersecurity in M&A: A New Era,” ABA’s Landslide Magazine, July/August 2018 (co-author).
- “California’s Groundbreaking Privacy Law: The New Front Line in the U.S. Privacy Debate,”Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, July 2018 (co-author)
- “Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: Challenges for Boards of Directors,” Pratt’s Privacy & Cybersecurity Law Report, April 2018 (co-author)
- “Navigating The Privacy Traps In M&A: Parts 1-3,” Law360, November 7-9, 2016 (co-author)
- “Supreme Court Curbs Patentability of Computerized Business Methods,” Intellectual Property and Technology Law Journal, September 2014 (co-author)