Jane VanLare’s practice focuses on restructuring, insolvency, and bankruptcy litigation.
Jane has advised on significant transactions in the bankruptcy and restructuring space, including acting as counsel to Overseas Shipholding Group’s successful restructuring and exit from Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection, which IFLR named as “Restructuring Deal of the Year,” Goldman Sachs in the Lehman Brothers Chapter 11 proceedings, which IFLR named as a “Restructuring Deal of the Year,” and to Truvo Group in its Chapter 11 proceedings, which IFLR named as an “EMEA Restructuring Deal of the Year.” In 2017, Jane was honored on Benchmark Litigation’s “Under 40 Hot List.”
Jane joined the firm in 2010 and became a partner in 2016.
Affiliates of Z Capital Partners as stalking horse bidder in Section 363 sale of assets of Real Mex restaurant chain.
Lion Point Capital as a creditor and DIP lender in the chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings of Suniva Inc., a solar panel manufacturer.
ModSpace, the largest U.S. provider of temporary and modular office space, in the restructuring of nearly $1 billion in secured debt through a pre-packaged Chapter 11 plan.
SMP Ltd, a leading polysilicon manufacturer based in Korea, in connection with its request for Chapter 15 recognition of its Korean insolvency proceedings, as well as its adversary proceeding against SunEdison, Inc.
Overseas Shipholding Group, one of the world’s largest oil tanker companies, in its Chapter 11 proceedings and $3 billion cross-border restructuring.
Nortel Networks in its Chapter 11 proceedings, including litigation of certain claims and litigation relating to the allocation of nearly $7 billion in proceeds of asset sales.
Cascade Investment in the Chapter 11 proceedings of its portfolio company, Optim Energy.
Truvo Group in its Chapter 11 proceedings and cross-border reorganization of €1.4 billion in debt.
An ad hoc group of bondholders in the debt restructuring of Maxcom Telecommunications.
Colony Capital in successful dismissal of Chapter 11 petition and reorganization of over 100 hotels.
- Member, Bankruptcy and Corporate Reorganization Committee, New York City Bar Association
- Member, Bankruptcy Litigation Committee, Federal Bar Council
- “Healthcare Master Leases in Bankruptcy: Out of One, Many?” (co-authors Steven Horowitz, Joshua Panas, and Benjamin Beller), Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, September 2018.
- “In a Health Provider Restructuring, Beware the Master Lease,” (co-authors Steven Horowitz, Joshua Panas, and Benjamin Beller), Law360, June 2018.
- “The Supreme Court’s Not-So-Final Judgment: Fraudulent Transfer Actions In The Wake Of Stern V. Marshall,” (co-author Thomas Kessler), Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, December 2017.
- “Things to Watch in Retail: Key Takeaways,” (co-authors Luke Barefoot, Steven Horowitz, Daniel Ilan and Lisa Schweitzer), Cleary Gottlieb Alert Memo, June 23, 2017.
- “Chapter 15 Litigation: A Primer After the First Decade” (co-authors Lisa Schweitzer & Matthew Livingston) in the Norton Bankruptcy Law Advisor, May 2017.
- “Waivers, Amendments and Standstills,” in The Law and Practice of Restructuring in the UK and US, Oxford University Press, 2d ed. (co-authors James Bromley, Kara Hailey, and Victor Chiu), 2017.
- “Chapter 11 Venue – Defending (or Upending) the Debtor’s Choice” (co-author Hugh Murtagh), Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, January 2016.
- “Defining ‘Bad Faith’ Is Hard To Do: Objective and Subjective Criteria for Dismissing a Bankruptcy Petition” (co-author Matthew Smith), Pratt’s Journal of Bankruptcy Law, Nov./Dec. 2014.
- “The Triumph of Finality” (co-author Lindsee Granfield), 31-Nov. Am. Bankr. Inst. J. 24, Nov. 2012.
- “Has RadLax Made ‘Indubitably Equivalent’ Arguments Any Less Indubitably Confusing”? (co-author Lisa Schweitzer), 8 Jnl. of Bankr. L. 511, Sept. 2012.
- “Equitable Mootness and Challenges to Confirmed, Consummated Plans” (co-author Lisa M. Schweitzer), N.Y.L.J., September 27, 2010.
- “From Protection to Favoritism? The Federal Policy Toward Arbitration Vis-a-Vis Competing State Policies,” Case comment: 11 Harv. Negotiation L. Rev. 473 (2006).
November 04, 2019
December 08, 2018
November 07, 2018