Kenneth S. Blazejewski’s practice focuses on organizing and advising private investment funds.
His work includes advising private equity secondary investors and fund managers on secondary transactions and other hybrid private equity transactions, such as continuation funds, strip sales and tender offers, as well as private investment fund joint ventures and investments in private equity sponsors.
Ken joined the firm in 2007 and became counsel in 2017 and a partner in 2021. From 2011 to 2013, he was resident in the London office.
From 2001 to 2003, Ken worked as a program associate at the Inter-American Dialogue in Washington, D.C. From 1999 to 2000, he was a Fulbright Scholar in the Dominican Republic.
KKR in a wide range of fund matters, including in the formation of KKR Asian Fund III-IV, KKR Health Care Strategic Growth Fund I-II, KKR Next Generation Technology Growth Fund I-III, and KKR Global Impact Fund I-II, and in various separate accounts, co-investment arrangements, and other strategic initiatives.
Coller Capital in a number of secondaries transactions, including:
- As lead investor in its single asset GP-led restructuring of Foundation Partners Group, a portfolio company of Access Holdings.
- As lead investor in a single asset GP-led restructuring of Upstream Rehabilitation, a portfolio company of a Revelstoke Capital Partners 2015-vintage fund.
- As lead investor in the GP-led restructuring of a portfolio of companies managed by Irving Place Capital into a new $1.5 billion continuation vehicle.
- In its commitment to a Revelstoke Capital Partners single asset fund investing in a preferred equity fundraise by the Revelstoke portfolio company, Fast Pace Health.
- In its acquisition of LP positions in Avista Capital Partners Funds I, II, and III through a tender offer process.
- In an acquisition of over $250 million of LP interests in several funds managed by J.C. Flowers through a complex tender offer and fund restructuring process and a stapled primary commitment.
Apollo Global Management in its anchor investment in Behrman Capital Micross CF L.P., a single-asset continuation fund managed by Behrman Capital.
Ares Management as lead investor in a $166 million credit asset investment vehicle sponsored by NXT Capital.
Ares Secondaries in certain secondary transactions and co-investments.
Ares Real Estate in the formation of certain co-mingled real estate funds and related advice.
A major private equity firm in the formation of a private equity fund and the fund’s subsequent acquisition of a portfolio of collateralized loan obligations (CLOs).
Wafra in a number of fund formation and hybrid funds and M&A investment matters across a variety of asset classes, including credit and real assets, including Wafra’s $320 million preferred equity investment in TierPoint, a provider of datacenters.
iCapital in its acquisition of Wells Fargo’s alternatives platform.
A major investment bank in the auction and sale of a broad portfolio of private fund interests.
A global private equity firm in a sourcing and co-investment joint venture with a major African investment platform for investments in Africa.
A large foreign pension fund in negotiating and closing an anchor investment in a number of activist hedge fund.
Several private investment fund managers on their internal governance and economic arrangements, including in the context of joint ventures.
The Basics of Private Equity Structuring, New York City Bar (February 9, 2018)
American Investment Council Chief Compliance Officers Working Group: Celebrity or Apprentice? Private Equity Regulation in the Trump Era (December 7, 2016)