Summer Associate Program
At Cleary Gottlieb, our Summer Associate program is one-of-a kind.
From high-caliber legal work to citywide social and networking events, the experiences had within our program are unmatched.
- Assignments: Our work assignment system allows you to work with senior lawyers at the firm for a unique, immersive experience tailored to your individual interests.
- Collaboration: You will collaborate with established Cleary attorneys and make meaningful contributions to firm matters in a variety of practice areas and disciplines.
- International Opportunities: We offer summer associates the opportunity to spend four weeks working in one of our foreign offices, where you will experience the worldwide Cleary Culture and global reach of our firm firsthand.
- Personalized Learning: Opportunities for mentoring and training are plentiful; they can occur organically throughout your practice or more formally through mentoring programs that begin during your summer and continue throughout your career.
- Compensation: Our compensation structure is an integral part of our culture that leads to a level of collaboration and collegiality that can only be found here.
- City Life: In addition to your work at the firm, you’ll also take advantage of life in the Bay Area, including partner-hosted dinners and firm-wide events that allow you to make connections with lawyers of all seniorities and get a true feel for life at Cleary.