PR and Communications Executive
We are seeking a PR and Communications Executive to strengthen our Marketing & Communications team.
We offer the opportunity to work on a broad range of PR and communications activities and to become a member of a dynamic and professional team in an attorney-oriented firm culture that emphasizes quality, continuous improvement, and high performance.
The PR and Communications Executive will report to and work closely together with the Media Relations Manager, based in London, in producing and distributing content to be used across the full range of marketing channels.
In particular, the PR and Communications Executive will:
- Support senior BDMC leaders and partners in implementing the marketing strategy and plans for the EMEA practice groups as well as the firm’s industry groups.
- Assist in the drafting, editing, and posting of content for use across all of our external communications channels, including our website, blogs, and social media accounts.
- Assist in the production of actionable leads via our content marketing for the wider BD team to follow-up on.
- Support individual offices in Europe, Middle East, and Asia as agreed (with local support for local language press).
- Develop and maintain good relationships with external agencies and colleagues in the public relations, marketing communications, and graphic design teams in New York.
- Develop relationships with business and legal journalists from key national and pan-European publications read by the firm’s client base (e.g., FT, WSJ Europe), identifying areas for commentary.
- Draft press releases (and Q&A) and obtain relevant internal approvals within tight timescales to ensure maximum chance of coverage. Project manage releases to suit local market.
- Monitor media mentions and plan improvements to reporting. Keep partners and lawyers informed of media coverage.
- Facilitate the placement of articles authored by partners and lawyers.
Desired skills and competencies
The PR and Communications Executive needs to (i) be self-starting, enthusiastic, and motivated (ii) enjoy being hands on; (iii) be a team player as our culture is very collegiate; (iv) have the ability to work with and motivate lawyers to become involved in the process of communicating with the media; and (v) have a strong ability to pitch story ideas and profiles effectively.
Specific Experience required:
- Ideally a minimum of two years media relations/PR/communications/editorial experience.
- Fluent in English.
- Experience of producing media or content plans, and implementing actions.
- Ability to develop a knowledge of the firm’s key clients and work, the importance of clients’ opinions to the firm.
- Strategic thinker who is also able to deal precisely and accurately with detail.
- Proactive and determined (but not aggressive), good influencing skills.
- Sensitive to deadlines and calm when working under time pressure.
If you are looking for a position in an international environment where collegiality, integrity, excellence, passion and going the extra mile are the core values, then please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com.