2021 U.S. Tax Reform: The Changes Proposed and Their Relationship With Current OECD and EU Initiatives
June 08, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb hosted, 2021 U.S. Tax Reform: The Changes Proposed and Their Relationship With Current OECD and EU Initiatives.
The webinar addressed:
- President Biden’s “American Jobs Plan” and “American Families Plan,”
- Senator Wyden’s “Framework for Overhauling International Taxation,”
- The OECD’s Pillar 1 and Pillar 2 proposals for taxing international digital profits and imposing a global minimum tax, and
- The EU angle and related EU initiatives.
The discussion focused on key components of the Biden and Wyden proposals, how they compare to the OECD’s Pillar 2 proposals, and how this all relates to the Pillar 1 proposals. We also considered the latest views in the EU on these and related matters of international taxation.
- Meyer Fedida, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Richard Sultman, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Diana Wollman, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Jens Hafemann, Counsel, Cleary Gottlieb
Find more resources on these topics here.