8th Annual IBA Finance & Capital Markets Tax Conference
January 28, 2019
Cleary Gottlieb partner Erika Nijenhuis was the session chair on the panel titled, “New Financing Techniques,” at the 8th Annual IBA Finance & Capital Markets Tax Conference.
Erika discussed the following topics:
- Planning around U.S. interest barrier restrictions
- UK restrictions
- Securities lending
- Use of partnerships, derivatives
- Gold loans
- Monetisation of trademarks, perpetual shares, loans, royalties
- Dividend hedging, arbitrage strategies
- Dividend withholding tax risk on financial instruments
- Hybrid transfers, reverse hybrids
For more information about the event, visit the website.