Cleary Privacy Roundtable Breakfast: Managing Privacy and Cybersecurity Risks in Customer-Vendor Relationships
September 12, 2019
New York, New York
Cleary Gottlieb hosted a breakfast seminar, “Managing Privacy and Cybersecurity Risks in Customer-Vendor Relationships,” part of its Privacy Roundtable Breakfast Series.
The discussion focused on the following:
- What’s “market”— how should privacy and cybersecurity-related liability be allocated between customer and vendor?
- How do evolving privacy and cybersecurity laws, including GDPR and CCPA, affect customer-vendor negotiations and contracting?
- What are some common traps in vendor contracts that increase legal risk?
- If a customer believes a breach is the fault of a vendor, how should the customer’s incident response change?
- What can we learn from recent cases involving allegations by customers against vendors?
- Is insurance the ultimate solution for both customers and vendors?
- Katherine Mooney Carroll, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Alexis Collins, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Daniel Ilan, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Jonathan Kolodner, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Rahul Mukhi, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Jane Rose, Associate, Cleary Gottlieb