Debtwire Restructuring Forum Miami 2023
December 6, 2023
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb partner David Botter moderated a panel on the “Current State of the U.S. Restructuring Market” at the Debtwire Restructuring Forum Miami 2023.
The panel discussed key issues affecting North American restructuring, including:
- How are sponsor-backed companies facing challenging economic headwinds and how are sponsors defending investments to avoid a Chapter 11 filing?
- What will the longer-term impacts of high inflation be for leveraged borrowers?
- What is the current state of global tax planning and how can tax be a material contributor within restructurings both in and outside of court?
- Debt exchanges, distressed debt buybacks, asset dropdown transactions with unrestricted subsidiaries, non-pro rata capital raises, equity cures and negotiated covenants – how are creditors reacting to these maneuvers to avoid bankruptcies?
- Where do panelists see future restructuring activity? Will SPACs generate more bankruptcies in 2024?
To learn more, click here.