ESG Watch: Current State of Antitrust and Implications for Companies
March 2, 2022
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb partner Bruce Hoffman participated in ESG Watch: Current State of Antitrust and Implications for Companies.
The discussion focused on the current state of antitrust reform debates and views. Panelists discussed:
- The current state of antitrust legislation, not just in Congress but in states as well.
- The latest outlook on antitrust enforcement, including the status of major cases, what’s in the pipeline, and the growing risk of criminal enforcement action for no-poach agreements.
- The FTC’s and DOJ’s approach to reviewing deals, including updates on the merger guidelines, what deals are being challenged (and which ones are getting through).
- The implications of these developments for companies. What advice should in-house counsel be providing to their boards and C-suite colleagues? How should companies be approaching M&A in general and negotiating deal terms relating to regulatory approval? What changes should companies be making in their deal diligence process? How should companies adjust their antitrust compliance programs?
- David R. McAtee II, Senior Executive Vice President and General Counsel, AT&T, Inc.
- Bruce Hoffman, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG (Moderator)
The ESG Watch series is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.
To register and learn more, click here.