Governance Watch Webcast: 2023 Proxy Season Preview
February 6, 2023
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb partners Helena Grannis and Francesca Odell participated in The Conference Board’s Governance Watch Webcast: 2023 Proxy Season Preview.
The 2023 proxy season promises to be even more challenging than 2022. Look for more shareholder proposals, higher opposition to directors, lower say-on-pay votes, and increased “Big A” activism. And toss in economic uncertainty and ESG backlash.
The good news is that investors are truly open to hear companies’ side of the story because they, too, are trying to navigate many of the same challenges. Panelists discussed:
- The impact of the latest SEC developments on the proxy season
- Key voting policy changes at institutional investors and proxy advisory firms
- Reducing the risk of votes against your directors and your say-on-pay proposal
- Finding common ground with major investors on “E” & “S” proposals
- Dealing with the cross-currents of ESG activism and backlash
- How to shape your board’s expectations for this proxy season
- Helena Grannis, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Nishesh Kumar, Managing Director, J.P. Morgan Asset Management
- Francesca Odell, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, Environmental, Social, and Governance Center, The Conference Board (Moderator)
This Governance Watch program is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.
Learn more here.
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”