Governance Watch Webcast: Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: Regulations, Risks, and Litigation
May 3, 2022
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb senior attorney Anthony Shults participated in the Governance Watch Webcast: Cybersecurity and Data Privacy: Regulations, Risks, and Litigation.
- Legislative and regulatory developments regarding cybersecurity, including the newly proposed SEC rules on cybersecurity disclosure and the recently passed Cyber Incident Reporting for Critical Infrastructure Act.
- The increase in cyber risks facing companies, including the latest on ransomware and other systemic attacks and the importance of board-level oversight.
- The evolving risk of cyber- and privacy-related civil litigation and enforcement actions, including lawsuits relating to facial recognition, biometrics, and data breaches.
- Scott Lindlaw, Managing Director, Sard Verbinnen & Co.
- Anthony Shults, Senior Attorney, Cleary Gottlieb
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG Center (Moderator)
- Arlene Mu, Senior Counsel and Privacy Officer, Lowe’s
This Governance Watch program is hosted by Cleary Gottlieb and The Conference Board ESG Center.
View a recording of the webcast here (registration required).
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”