Governance Watch Webcast: Focus on the Vaccine – Legal and Governance Challenges
February 22, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb partner Audry Casusol participated in the Governance Watch Webcast: Focus on the Vaccine - Legal and Governance Challenges.
The discussion focused on the legal and governance challenges of the COVID-19 vaccines. Panelist discussed the following topics:
- The roles companies can play in providing information about the vaccines to employees, customers, and communities.
- How companies stay on top of the varying vaccination regimes and regulations, while providing some degree of consistency of rules across the organization.
- How companies are encouraging or requiring employees to become vaccinated, while understanding the costs and benefits of requiring vaccinations.
- Emerging best practices by industry, location, and size of company.
- The main litigation risks in this phase of the pandemic.
- Who in management should be involved in key decisions.
- What role, if any, the board of directors plays.
- Mark Allen, Executive Vice President, General Counsel, and Secretary, FedEx Corporation
- Audry Casusol, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Thomas M. Moriarty, Executive Vice President, Chief Policy and External Affairs Officer, and General Counsel, CVS Health
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG (Moderator)
The Governance Watch series is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”