Governance Watch Webcast: Outlook for 2022 Proxy Season
January 13, 2022
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb partner Lillian Tsu and counsel Helena Grannis will participate in the Governance Watch webcast: Outlook for 2022 Proxy Season.
The discussion will focus on covering key topics for the 2022 proxy season, including:
- What to expect with environmental, social, and human capital issues, including diversity disclosure, say-on-climate, and corporate political activity
- How to deal with emboldened shareholder proponents and institutional investors who are under pressure from their own clients: What do you do when shareholder proponents won’t compromise? How do you manage institutional investor expectations? What would the impact of the proposed SEC disclosure rules be on shareholder engagement?
- How best to prepare your board for an influx of ESG proposals: How do you make sure your board knows what might hit them? Do you have sufficient board oversight in place on ESG issues? Are your board’s policies and procedures in line with investor expectations?
- Mary A. Francis, Corporate Secretary and Chief Governance Officer, Chevron Corporation
- Helena Grannis, Counsel, Cleary Gottlieb
- Lillian Tsu, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG Center (Moderator)
This Governance Watch program is hosted by Cleary Gottlieb and The Conference Board ESG Center.
Click here to register and learn more.
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”