Governance Watch Webcast: Shareholder Activism
September 22, 2022
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb partner James Langston participated in the Governance Watch Webcast: Shareholder Activism.
The nature of shareholder activism continues to expand to include efforts that are not looking to make meaningful change, but rather to make a performative point. Panelists discussed:
- The current landscape of big ‘A’ activism and how it has changed from last year
- The key areas of vulnerability for companies
- Implications for the new universal proxy card rules
- The rise of celebrity activism and politically motivated shareholder proponents
- Pamela Codo-Lotti, Global Chief Operating Officer – Activism Defense & Shareholder Advisory, Goldman Sachs
- Jim Langston, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Scott Winter, Managing Director, Innisfree M&A Incorporated
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG (Moderator)
This Governance Watch program is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.
Click here to learn more.
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”