Governance Watch Webcast: The New Era of Shareholder Activism
June 28, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb partner Jim Langston participated in the Governance Watch Webcast: The New Era of Shareholder Activism.
The discussion focused on the latest trends in shareholder activism, how the crises of 2020 have shaped the landscape, and what can be expected beyond COVID-19. Panelists discussed the following topics:
- ESG as a key issue in proxy fights
- Other key trends in ESG activism
- The latest developments in deal-related activism, including the growing use of “bumpitrage” to drive up the target company’s stock price
- The changing dynamics and cast of players in shareholder activism in Europe and Asia
- Pamela Codo-Lotti, Global Chief Operating Officer – Activism Defense & Shareholder Advisory, Goldman Sachs
- Arthur Crozier, Chairman, Innisfree M&A Incorporated
- Jim Langston, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG (Moderator)
The Governance Watch series is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.
To view a recording of the event, visit the website (registration may be required). To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”