Governance Watch Webcast: Highlights From the 2021 Proxy Season – and How to Prepare for the Challenges Ahead
July 26, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb partner Francesca Odell and counsel Helena Grannis participated in the Governance Watch Webcast: Highlights From the 2021 Proxy Season – and How to Prepare for the Challenges Ahead.
The discussion focused on:
- Key issues addressed at this year’s annual meetings across the country, as well as voting results on environmental and social shareholder proposals.
- Trends in ESG and say-on-pay.
- The latest developments on shareholder engagement in key areas (including climate change, corporate political activity, and diversity).
- Governance issues boards and management should have on their radar heading into the offseason and the 2022 proxy season.
- Gale Chang, Senior Vice President, Associate General Counsel and Assistant Secretary, Bank of America Corporation
- Helena K. Grannis, Counsel, Cleary Gottlieb
- Francesca L. Odell, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, The Conference Board ESG (Moderator)
The Governance Watch series is hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.