Governance Watch Webcast: ‘Highlights From the 2023 Proxy Season’
August 10, 2023
Event Overview Tab
Cleary Gottlieb partners Francesca Odell and Lillian Tsu participated in The Conference Board’s Governance Watch webcast, “Highlights From the 2023 Proxy Season.”
This year, companies have received more shareholder proposals than ever before, with a 5% increase in 2023 from 2022 (including a 39% increase in filings from anti-ESG proponents). At the same time, support for shareholder proposals has dropped across every category.
The panelists discussed:
- Trends in shareholder proposals, say-on-pay proposals, and director elections
- Changes in asset managers’ policies, engagement, and voting
- Best practices in dealing with anti-ESG proponents and proposals
- What’s behind the decline in key E and S proposals
- Which ESG proposals to watch for next year
- Francesca Odell, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Lillian Tsu, Partner, Cleary Gottlieb
- Kristina Fink, Vice President, Croporate Secretary and Chief Governance Officer, American Express
- Paul Washington, Executive Director, Environmental, Social, and Governance Center, The Conference Board (Moderator)
This Governance Watch program was co-hosted by Cleary and The Conference Board ESG Center.
To learn more, click here.
To receive invitations for future events, subscribe to our Corporate Governance mailing list by clicking here and selecting “Corporate Governance.”