PLI’s Corporate Governance: A Master Class 2019
March 08, 2019
New York, New York
Cleary Gottlieb senior counsel Alan Beller and David Becker participated in PLI’s Corporate Governance: A Master Class 2019 event.
Alan spoke on a panel titled, “Crisis Management: Remaining Calm and Obtaining the Best Results,” and discussed:
- Identifying crisis prevention strategies
- Advance planning for management and the board
- Key areas of focus in internal and external communications and disclosure
- Working with regulators and managing litigation matters
- The role of social media – before, during, and after a crisis
David spoke on a panel titled, “Governance Ethics Hot Topics,” and discussed:
- Ethical and strategic considerations in informing and involving the board
- Board involvement: when and how
- Assessing the risks of not involving the board
- Who is the client: Understanding when the board or its members need separate counsel
For more information about the event, visit the website.