PLI’s Understanding the Securities Laws 2019
July 19, 2019
New York, New York
Cleary Gottlieb partner Adam Fleisher participated in PLI’s Understanding the Securities Laws 2019 event.
Adam spoke on a panel titled, “What’s New in Securities Law? Traps for the Unwary.”
The panel discussion covered the following topics:
- Issues surrounding initial coin offerings (ICOs) and bitcoin
- Legal issues surrounding blockchain and smart contracts
- Do you need to be concerned with broker-dealer registration requirements? What are the basics? What are “finders”?
- How are materiality judgments made?
- Cybersecurity disclosure and practice
- Social media, website, and other internet disclosure issues
- What are the recent legislative, judicial, and regulatory actions that you need to be aware of?
For more information about the event, visit the website.