The Future of Trade Defence Instruments: Global Policy Trends and Legal Challenges
March 30, 2017
Cleary Gottlieb’s Brussels office hosted The World Trade Institute’s The Future of Trade Defence Instruments: Global Policy Trends and Legal Challenges event, March 30-31, 2017.
Partner Francois-Charles Laprévote and senior counsel Till Müller-Ibold both spoke at the event
This seminar was organized against the backdrop of envisaged important modifications to the European Union’s Trade Defence Instruments (such as anti-dumping proceedings). It will:
- Analyse Trade Defence Instruments in their socio-economic, political and legal contexts.
- Describe the changing international environment, in particular regarding the WTO framework.
- Look at the EU rules as they exist today, seven years after the entry into force of the Lisbon Treaty.
- Consider the envisaged changes to such rules.
- Contrast the EU’s Trade Defence Instruments with other related legal instruments, such as competition law or regional trade agreements.
In this context the implications for the future relationship with the UK after Brexit were also analysed.
For more program details, click here.