Chambers Global 2016 Recognizes Cleary Gottlieb Practices and Lawyers
March 17, 2016
Cleary Gottlieb continues to achieve recognition as a preeminent law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Global, published on March 17.
Cleary earned 280 practice and lawyer rankings in the 2016 guide; 61 of these were top-tier. Chambers Global, which covers over 190 countries across the world and includes regional and global sections, cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries and regions.
Among the many favorable comments about our firm and lawyers, feedback included:
- “Cleary has always been a player in the international arbitration arena.” (Arbitration-International)
- “My overall impression of Cleary is that it is an outstanding international law firm. All of its lawyers seem to be experienced, professional, dedicated and fully bilingual.” (Capital Markets)
- “Their antitrust lawyers are exceptional. If I have an issue that is complex and not easily dealt with I go to Cleary Gottlieb—they leave no stone unturned.” (Competition/Antitrust)
- “The firm does a great job. It is completely integrated, which is a big strength worldwide.” (Corporate/M&A)
- “The lawyers did a spectacular job. We required an integrated cohesive team in different jurisdictions to handle complicated trials. They showed a high level of sophistication and were very organized—we had lawyers who could literally finish each other's sentences, even though they were in different parts of the world.” (Dispute Resolution)
- “It is a fine firm that has always maintained an international practice.” (Employee Benefits)
- “I have a tremendous amount of respect for the firm. It's involved in very important international matters.” (Restructuring/Insolvency)
- “It is a very good firm with a strong tax team, no discussion.” (Tax)