Cleary Gottlieb a Premier Firm in Chambers Latin America 2020
August 15, 2019
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive top recognition as a premier law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Latin America.
In total, the legal directory recognized 10 of Cleary’s practice of areas, of which five were top-tier rankings. Eleven lawyers from the firm’s New York, Buenos Aires, and São Paulo offices were recognized, including five top-tier rankings.
Cleary is the only firm to be named to the top tier in the Latin America-wide categories for Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, and Corporate/M&A every year since the guide has been published. The 2020 rankings also highlight Cleary’s work in the categories of Energy and Natural Resources, International Arbitration, Projects, and Corporate Crime and Investigations.
The firm received the following client and peer commendations:
- Banking and Finance: “Their service standards are among the very highest in the industry. Their personnel is highly qualified, responsive, and holds the client’s interests in the highest regard.”
- Capital Markets: “They have a really broad team of vastly experienced, highly professional practitioners with top-tier expertise in the region.”
- Corporate Crime and Investigations: “From a U.S. legal perspective, there are seriously high-caliber lawyers at the firm who are rock stars within their respective U.S. practices. Add this to their language capabilities and local offices, and you can see that they have a unique advantage in comparison to other firms.”
- Corporate/M&A: “Internally we talk about the ‘Cleary standard’ to refer to their outstanding expertise, knowledge, and reliability. Each time we have engaged with them we have been very satisfied with the level of service.”
- Energy and Natural Resources: “Commentators speak highly of the team’s work ethic, describing them as ‘very proficient, efficient, and extremely reliable’.”
- International Arbitration: “They’re very thorough, make good arguments, and put in a lot of thought. They’ve been great and I have nothing but good things to say.”
- Projects: “The team is always responsive, knowledgeable of the key topics of the project, and great in terms of client relationships.”
- Banking and Finance: “The team at Cleary is always available at short notice and provides thoughtful advice. The breadth of the team is very apparent; as matters evolve, they are able to pull in additional resources as necessary.”
- Capital Markets: “Cleary counts among its team many top-notch, sophisticated lawyers capable of rendering high-caliber legal advice and working seamlessly across practice groups.”
- Corporate/M&A: “They are very professional, have a profound knowledge of U.S. law, and are very knowledgeable of the way things work in Brazil. I can only say good things about them.”
To view further details on Cleary’s success, visit Chambers and Partners.