Cleary Gottlieb a Top-Tier Firm in Chambers Latin America 2023
August 26, 2022
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive outstanding recognition in the latest edition of Chambers Latin America.
In total, the legal directory recognized six of Cleary’s practices, three of which earned top-tier rankings. In addition, 11 partners from the firm’s New York and São Paulo offices were lauded by Chambers, four of whom earned top-tier rankings.
Cleary is the only firm to be named to the top tier in the Latin America-wide categories for Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, and Corporate/M&A every year since the guide was first published. The 2023 rankings also highlight Cleary’s work in the Corporate Crime and Investigations, International Arbitration, and Project Finance categories.
The firm received the following client and peer commendations:
- Banking and Finance: “Their technical capabilities have been essential for us. They know these matters extremely well and their reputation within the investor base was essential for us to get to a common ground.”
- Capital Markets: “Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton boasts highly skilled professionals with remarkable profiles that have exceeded any expectation.”
- Corporate Crime and Investigations: “Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton possesses a lot of experience in global investigations and has the power to coordinate various offices throughout the world.”
- Corporate/M&A: “They strike a great balance between business judgement and risk management. They are responsive, professional, and understand the U.S. business language very well.”
- International Arbitration: “Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton’s team enjoys a great combination of expertise, dedication and meticulous analysis.”
- Project Finance: “Cleary Gottlieb knows Latin America better than most international law firms and that gives it an edge in Latin American work, including in project finance.”
To read more about Cleary’s achievements in Latin America, click here.