Cleary Gottlieb an Elite Firm in Chambers Latin America 2024
August 24, 2023
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive outstanding recognition in the latest edition of Chambers Latin America.
In total, the legal directory recognized six of Cleary’s practices, three of which earned top-tier rankings. In addition, 11 lawyers from the firm’s New York and São Paulo offices were lauded by Chambers, three of whom earned top-tier rankings.
Cleary is the only firm to be named to the top tier in the Latin America-wide categories for Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, and Corporate/M&A every year since the guide was first published. The 2024 rankings also highlight Cleary’s work in the Corporate Crime and Investigations, International Arbitration, and Project Finance categories.
The firm received the following client and peer commendations:
- Banking and Finance: “Cleary always provides extremely thoughtful and commercial legal advice, which helps us through multiple complex international transactions.”
- Capital Markets: “Commercial awareness is one of the most important virtues of Cleary. The team understands the legal risks as well as the business side of things too.”
- Corporate Crime and Investigations: “Cleary is a player in the corporate crime and investigations space. We come across them in significant matters.”
- Corporate/M&A: “Cleary possesses very strong analytical skills and the ability to identify problems and come up with a variety of options to address the situation at hand ... Their client service is extraordinary. They are always available and are tremendously commercially aware.”
- International Arbitration: “Cleary is very responsive to the client’s needs. They provide high-quality and sophisticated deliverables and make a very strong team.”
- Project Finance: “Cleary has an active Latin America practice group. They are excellent lawyers.”
To read more about Cleary’s achievements in Latin America, click here.