Cleary Gottlieb Co-Authors NYSE IPO Guide
October 11, 2013
Cleary Gottlieb's capital markets practice group acted as a consulting editor and contributor to the second edition of the NYSE IPO Guide, which provides companies and their leaders with comprehensive guidance for going public in the United States.
To view the NYSE IPO Guide, please click here.
The guide covers a variety of important topics related to the IPO process and the reporting and other requirements applicable to a public company following an IPO, including:
- Items to consider before embarking on an IPO
- The JOBS Act and the "IPO On-Ramp" for emerging growth companies
- Communications: investor relations, regulatory parameters for communicating with investors and the role of social media
- The IPO process: timeline, documentation and regulatory requirements
- Life as a public company
- Managing risk
- Foreign private issuers: structuring and completing a U.S. IPO; becoming a U.S. reporting company
Cleary Gottlieb was also a consulting editor and contributor to the original 2010 NYSE IPO Guide.
NYSE Euronext is a leading global operator of financial markets and provider of innovative trading technologies. The company's exchanges in Europe and the United States trade equities, futures, options, fixed-income and exchange-traded products. With approximately 8,000 listed issues (excluding European Structured Products), NYSE Euronext's equities markets - the New York Stock Exchange, NYSE Euronext, NYSE MKT, NYSE Alternext and NYSE Arca - represent one-third of the world's equities trading, the most liquidity of any global exchange group. NYSE Euronext also operates NYSE Liffe, one of the leading European derivatives businesses and the world's second-largest derivatives business by value of trading.