Cleary Gottlieb Counsel in Six FinanceAsia “Deals of the Year”
December 16, 2010
Cleary Gottlieb was counsel in five Asian capital markets offerings in 2010 recognized by FinanceAsia as “Deals of the Year.” The winning transactions were:
- Best Korea Deal: Samsung Life Insurance’s $4.4 billion IPO, the largest-ever IPO in South Korea.
- Best Malaysia Deal: Petronas Chemicals’ $4.1 billion IPO, the largest-ever IPO in Malaysia and Southeast Asia, as well as the largest chemical sector listing globally.
- Best Sovereign Bond and Best Philippine Deal: Republic of the Philippines’ Ps44.1 billion ($1 billion) peso global bond. According to FinanceAsia, “few deals have shaped a country or its capital markets the way the Republic of the Philippines’ peso global did.”
- Best Secondary Offering: $1.2 billion sell-down in Ping An Insurance by Newbridge.
- Best Local Currency Bond: McDonald’s Rmb200 million dim sum bond.
FinanceAsia is a monthly publication that focuses on Asia and its capital markets.