Cleary Gottlieb Earns Excellent Chambers Global 2023 Rankings
February 15, 2023
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive outstanding recognition as a premier international law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Global.
Cleary earned 247 practice and lawyer rankings in the 2023 guide, 55 of which were top-tier.
Commendations for our firm and lawyers included:
- Arbitration (International): “Cleary has a great culture, nice people and the ability to work on big international cases.” (Europe-wide)
- Banking & Finance: “Cleary is a very service-oriented and capable firm that can easily handle global demands for a cross-border business.” (Global: Multi-Jurisdictional)
- Capital Markets: “Cleary are always at the forefront of all arising issues and have great lawyers that can assist with the most complex matters ... They are very good at handling complex new structural ideas, with expertise in all the critical areas I need and a strong sense of commercial intent.” (Global: Multi-Jurisdictional)
- Competition/Antitrust: “Cleary Gottlieb’s international reach is second to none.” (Global: Multi-Jurisdictional)
- Corporate Investigations: “This group of lawyers is among the best in the country for white-collar defense work. They are also outstanding in the area of internal investigations.” (Global: Multi-Jurisdictional)
- Corporate/M&A: “We receive a very good service from each of Cleary Gottlieb’s offices and each office is fully integrated and works very well across borders and time zones. We feel very comfortable having Cleary lead complex cross-border transactions.” (Global: Multi-Jurisdictional)
- Dispute Resolution: “Cleary Gottlieb has always been a very international firm that focuses on international issues, so they are always involved in complex, cross-border multinational matters.” (Global: Multi-Jurisdictional)
- Investment Funds: “Cleary’s teams have a keen sense of the market. Their teams are also creative in crafting unique solutions that meet my needs without alienating the other side ... Cleary is top in the fund formation area.” (Global: Multi-Jurisdictional)
- Tax: “Cleary has solid local and international expertise and a strong vision complemented by a pragmatic and effective approach.” (Global: Multi-Jurisdictional)
Chambers Global, which covers over 200 jurisdictions and includes regional and global sections, overall cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries, and regions.
To view the firm’s complete Chambers Global 2023 rankings, click here.