Cleary Gottlieb Earns High Rankings in Chambers Latin America 2019
August 9, 2018
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive top recognition as a premier law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Latin America.
In total, the legal directory recognized nine practice areas and 10 lawyers from the firm’s New York, Buenos Aires, and São Paulo offices.
Cleary is the only firm to be named to the top tier in the Latin America-wide categories for Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, and Corporate/M&A every year since the guide has been published. The 2019 rankings also highlight Cleary’s work in the categories of Energy and Natural Resources, International Arbitration, and Projects.
The firm received the following client and peer commendations:
- Banking and Finance: “They’re extremely reliable and competent; I’m extremely happy with the work they’ve done. I would emphasize their responsiveness and practicality, and ultimately the very high-quality legal advice.”
- Capital Markets: “The service we received from Cleary was top notch. Their experience and service is outstanding as nothing goes unchecked, all details are attended to in a timely manner, and they are proactive when it comes to moving the deal through.”
- Corporate/M&A: “They are one of the most established U.S. firms in Latin America; they’ve been there for years doing high-level work. They are very good, very practical and very service-oriented. It can be a tough environment to work in and they do a fantastic job.”
- Energy and Natural Resources: “The experience was great, I love working with them. They make you feel like you’re the only client they have.”
- International Arbitration: “I find the team to be very responsive, understanding of the case matter, and very creative when it comes to providing solutions.”
- Projects: “Respected global practice with considerable experience advising on regional project finance matters.”
- Banking and Finance: “They have wonderful skill sets and resources for these cross-border restructurings that are very intense to work on – but they always rise to the occasion.”
- Capital Markets: “[T]hey offer one of the best services available in the market. They always engage with other parties extremely quickly, working very hard and making everything run very smoothly for us. They handle the matters beautifully.”
- Corporate/M&A: “They have experience in Brazil going back to the 70s and their expertise is tremendous. I think they have great clients and they know how to work with the Brazilian firms.”
To view further details on Cleary’s success, visit Chambers and Partners.