Cleary Gottlieb Earns Premier Recognition in Chambers Global 2020 Rankings
February 13, 2020
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive high recognition as a premier international law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Global.
Cleary earned 291 practice and lawyer rankings in the 2020 guide, 53 of which were top-tier.
Commendations for our firm and lawyers included:
- Arbitration (International): “They have a very strong reputation. They are really, really good in international arbitration, especially investment treaty arbitration.”
- Banking & Finance: “I have an exceedingly high opinion of the service. Their advice is timely, succinct, creative, and commercially minded…. They are a very strong firm.”
- Capital Markets: “[They have] seamless global co-ordination…. [and] the international dimension…. When we have spontaneous requests there is always someone to answer our queries.”
- Competition/Antitrust: “If our question deals with any country in the world, the firm immediately has a way to handle the topic…. The quality of the lawyers’ advice is absolutely fantastic; they are incredibly bright people, are very responsive, and provide customer-focused advice…. They are brilliant strategists.”
- Corporate/M&A: “It’s a world-class corporate group at Cleary. Each of the lawyers are deep in the details of every transaction and work well together across specialties and offices globally. They bring very sophisticated, practical business advice and solutions to the problems we face on deals.”
- Dispute Resolution: “They are always responsive within the timing set by us and deliver legal product of a very high level…. [The lawyers are] very good in terms of global connections. They have colleagues across the world; it is a great international firm.”
- Employee Benefits: “We are very pleased with their work and they have good knowledge of the marketplace. They help us think through the best way to approach things in a quick and helpful manner.”
- Investment Funds: “[They are] a good team…. we see them doing significant and sophisticated work…. very, very talented lawyers who are practitioners of the highest quality.”
- Private Equity: “They have a great private equity practice and some stellar international clients.”
- Projects: “[They are] focused, highly trained, competent and hard-working lawyers…. If you are talking about who has real market knowledge to bring to bear, they are a monster.”
- Public International Law: “It’s a fabulous firm with an incredible network.”
- Restructuring: “They are extremely knowledgeable and become instant experts on local laws…. Their reputation as the premier firm in Latin America is well known. They have a very strong bench.”
- Tax: “They’ve been consistently excellent. They stand out for responsiveness and thoughtfulness and ability to tailor their advice.”
Chambers Global, which covers over 190 countries and includes regional and global sections, overall cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries, and regions.
To view the firm’s complete Chambers Global 2020 rankings, click here.