Cleary Gottlieb Earns Premier Recognition in Legal 500 UK 2023
September 29, 2022
Cleary Gottlieb continues to achieve recognition as a premier law firm in the 2023 edition of The Legal 500 UK.
The firm received 13 practice rankings, and 13 Cleary lawyers were recognized in their respective practice areas.
Partners Maurits Dolmans, Sunil Gadhia, David Gottlieb, and Jonathan Kelly were recognized by The Legal 500 UK Hall of Fame; partners Jackie Holland, Nicholas Levy, and Tihir Sarkar were named “Leading Individuals”; partners James Brady, Paul Gilbert, Polina Lyadnova, and Nallini Puri were selected as “Next Generation Partners”; and counsel Ferdisha Snagg and Paul Stuart were named “Rising Stars.”
Cleary received commendations from The Legal 500 UK and clients as a recommended firm in the following practice areas:
- Corporate and Commercial: Corporate Tax: “It’s an international team, they collaborate well on U.S./UK matters. They have a broad range of expertise from investment, regulatory, corporate, and personal tax matters. They are willing to join whatever calls are necessary and impart their knowledge. They give practical advice which is proportionate to our business needs/age/direction.” “They are incredibly professional, sympathetic to needs, and honest. Their advice is sound, practical, and easy to digest when you’re not a subject matter expert.”
- Corporate and Commercial: Equity Capital Markets - Mid-Large Cap: “Smart, responsive, proactive, thoughtful, commercially oriented, focused on the result. The best lawyers I worked with.”
- Corporate and Commercial: Private Equity: Transactions – High-Value Deals (£250M+): “Super when dealing with complexity.”
- Dispute Resolution: Banking Litigation: Investment and Retail: “Cleary’s banking litigation team is brilliant – the partners are very bright and knowledgeable, with genuine control over both tactics and details, and the associates are also fully on top of matters and very engaged. Cleary are extremely efficient – you can absolutely rely on them to get the job done, and to get it done well.”
- Dispute Resolution: Commercial Litigation: Premium: “This firm is a class-act. They have really clever lawyers, they empower their associates at an early stage, they run lean teams, and they worry me when they turn up on the other side!”
- Dispute Resolution: Competition Litigation: “The Cleary team is an absolutely top class competition litigation team. It is brimming with brilliant lawyers who combine deep knowledge of competition law with well-honed litigators’ instincts. They regularly outmaneuver their opponents in damages litigation and are laser-focused on the points that matter to their clients.” “The team has real strength in its depth, and is one of the best at allocating work efficiently to the right member of the team for the right job.”
- Dispute Resolution: International Arbitration: “High-quality advice, even when deadlines are very tight.” “Excellent treatment of clients, and a team that is a delight to work with.”
- Finance: Bank Lending: Investment Grade Debt and Syndicated Loans: “The team has a very good understanding of customer needs.” “Always available to support and offer solutions in the best interest of the client however long or difficult the outcome may be.” “The lawyers are honest, passionate, and hard working.”