Cleary Gottlieb Earns Top Rankings in Chambers Europe 2019
March 8, 2019
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive high rankings as a premier law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Europe.
Cleary earned 126 practice and lawyer rankings in the 2019 guide, 26 of which were top-tier.
Commendations for our firm and lawyers included:
- Arbitration (International): “[T]he firm combines ‘legal expertise, corresponding strong advice and outstanding drafting skills…’ [and] ‘leaves no stone unturned.’”
- Capital Markets (Debt): “This is high quality; they bring significant comfort that our interests are being taken care of, as well as bringing the international competence and experience we require for the process.”
- Competition/Antitrust: “Market sources describe the firm as ‘a powerhouse in Europe.’”
- Corporate/M&A: “The firm really impresses for their internal coordination; there are several regions involved in our transaction and the coordination is seamless.”
- Dispute Resolution: “One source is quick to note the firm’s ‘global reach, not only geographically, but also legally and politically.’”
- Tax: “Respected team with notable tax practices across the UK, France and Italy… the team’s ‘intercultural competence and international expertise is excellent.’”
- Telecommunications: “[T]he quality of the work is excellent.”
Chambers Europe, which covers 52 countries and includes regional sections, overall cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries, and regions.
To view the firm’s complete Chambers Europe 2019 rankings, click here.