Cleary Gottlieb Earns Top Rankings in Chambers Global 2018
February 15, 2018
Cleary Gottlieb continues to receive high rankings as a premier law firm in the latest edition of Chambers Global, published on February 15, 2018.
Cleary earned 294 practice and lawyer rankings in the 2018 guide, 57 of which were top-tier.
Chambers Global, which covers over 190 countries and includes regional and global sections, cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries and regions.
Commendations about our firm and lawyers included:
- “‘[T]he service and support during the transaction was outstanding. The professionalism of the lawyers and the speed with which they responded to any issue are standout qualities, as well as their ability to adapt the work to the particular situation of each of the parties involved in the transaction.’” (Banking & Finance: Latin America-wide)
- “‘The team does an outstanding job and we are very happy with them. We value the service since they work for us as partners, not just as outside counsel. They understand our business; we are just delighted with them.’” (Capital Markets: Latin America-wide)
- “Market-leading practice which remains consistently at the forefront of capital markets transactions in South Korea. Well versed in representing Korean issuers in substantial debt and equity offerings, it also acts increasingly for major international underwriters.” (Capital Markets: International Firms: South Korea)
- “‘They are proactive in finding creative solutions to meet their client’s needs. Their pragmatic approach is very refreshing when dealing with complex issues.’” (Capital Markets: Equity: Global-wide)
- “‘For the matter of the century I would refer to Cleary, for EU merger clearance they are the best.’ … ‘The leading firm for antitrust matters in Europe; they are incredibly strategic and effective advocates.’” (Competition/Antitrust: Europe-wide)
- “One source, who describes the team as ‘incredible’ and ‘consistently strong,’ stated that ‘the associates are all amazing and the partners have a collegiality that is missing from other firms.’ Clients enthuse that the team is ‘laser-focused on client service and well coordinated.’” (Competition/Antitrust: Global-wide)
- “‘A special strength of Cleary is that they are very good at understanding the business goal of their clients and do not waste billable time on trivial things and theoretical risks.’” (Corporate/M&A: Asia-Pacific Region)
- “Market-leading position as a cross-border transactional team excelling in high-value M&A and joint ventures.” (Corporate/M&A: Russia)
- “An impressive practice, able to handle significant transactions in the technology, banking and industrial sectors, among others. Highlighted for its strong network of global offices and highly capable in handling complex cross-border deals.” (Corporate/M&A: U.S.)
- “‘[T]hey are an excellent firm who do an excellent amount of global work.’” (Tax: Global-wide)
To view the firm’s complete Chambers Global 2018 rankings, click here.