Cleary Gottlieb Practices and Lawyers Recognized in Chambers USA 2016
May 27, 2016
Cleary Gottlieb continues to achieve recognition as a preeminent law firm in the latest edition of Chambers USA, published on May 27, 2016.
Cleary earned 95 lawyer rankings, 44 of which were top-tier, and 34 practice rankings, 16 of which were top-tier, in the 2016 guide. Chambers USA, which covers the best lawyers in the United States in nationwide and regional rankings, including New York and Washington, D.C., cited a wide range of client and competitor feedback about the strength of Cleary’s capabilities across practices, industries and regions.
In addition, Cleary received a Chambers USA Award 2016 for our Investment Funds work. The awards spotlight the firms and individuals who have demonstrated "notable achievements over the past 12 months, including outstanding work, impressive strategic growth and excellence in client service."
Feedback from clients and peers included:
- "The quality of the team from top to bottom is really high"; "They're remarkably accessible and very service-oriented. I can't think of something I've requested of them that they haven't done." (Antitrust)
- "They provide superb support and we rely on their judgment completely. They also coordinate very well with counsel at the banks." (Banking & Finance)
- "A great international franchise undertaking terrific cross-border work." (Bankruptcy/Restructuring)
- "It goes without saying that you're dealing with extremely talented people at Cleary. They also understand the practical realities that clients face and are able to respond to questions with those in mind."; "They're the ones we go to for very complicated high-level matters." (Capital Markets)
- "They really bring to bear the experience of knowing how a prosecutor thinks in these matters and their advice is always tailored toward that." (Corporate Crime and Investigations)
- "Cleary has been an amazing partner to our firm. Their partners are readily accessible, and work well with other firms. They are very solutions-oriented."; "They are exceptional; our go-to firm. They do the work well and they have a deep bench. They have exceptional talent in every single category, I don't have to sacrifice anything. I choose them because they are strong across the board."; "They are just a great firm. Everyone we've dealt with there is excellent. Across the board, an excellent firm." (Corporate/M&A)
- "They are very knowledgeable; if we have a situation I feel that I can rely on what they tell us." (Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation)
- "They have the ability to think very creatively and in a nuanced way in respect to trying to find solutions, and in terms of advocacy they're super. They offer lots of options in how to address issues and they're not conservative."; "What I really like about them is that they really know their stuff and that they are very practical and pragmatic. They're also very creative and willing to work with in-house and the regulators."; "They have strong strategic guidance, with thoughtful and thorough investigations. They know the business and that management expects options." (Financial Services Regulation: Banking Compliance)
- "They're in touch with our needs. Every call we have, they anticipate who they need from their side of the firm, which is especially good for new initiatives." (Investment Funds: Private Equity: Fund Formation)
- "Cleary is the leading New York firm doing work in the region, and that has been the case for 30 years." (Latin American Investment)
- "It goes without saying you're dealing with extremely talented people at Cleary but they're also prudent so not only understand the law but many of the practical realities clients face and are able to respond to questions with those realities in mind." (Litigation)
- "They have a depth of knowledge and conviction in their advice, which is grounded in knowledge and fact." (Real Estate)
- "As a whole I think Cleary has intellectual heft and great experience - they're thorough and have outstanding breadth as firms go. There's quality lawyering across the firm."; "A phenomenal law firm." (Securities Litigation)
- "They were very creative in helping advise us on what we could and couldn't do, and got us to where we are today. They are very levelheaded in the advice they give, which is great. They know when to ask and when to stop asking." (Tax)