Cleary Gottlieb Recognized in Chambers Latin America 2017 Rankings
September 19, 2016
The 2017 Chambers Latin America results spotlight Cleary Gottlieb for its work in the Latin American region and Brazil.
The firm received top-tier rankings from the legal directory for its work in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, Corporate/M&A Latin America-wide and was honored for its Energy and Natural Resources, Projects, and International Arbitration practices. In Brazil, Cleary was recognized in Banking and Finance, Capital Markets, and Corporate/M&A.
Here’s what our clients and peers have to say about the firm’s lawyers and work in the latest edition of Chambers Latin America:
- Banking and Finance: “The firm has an incredible reputation for handling the big-ticket deals.”
- Capital Markets: “The firm has the broadest practice, longest focus on Latin America and one of the largest teams. In my opinion, it is the best in the capital markets space.”
- Corporate/M&A: “The team at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton provides us with commercially focused, reliable and timely advice on a wide range of critical matters. The lawyers are key trusted advisers.”
- Energy and Natural Resources: “These lawyers delivered very good work and complied with a tight schedule—no matter how limited the timeframe or how complex the matter, they will deliver.”
- International Arbitration: “We were delighted to work with the team. The lawyers are super-responsive, thorough and attentive. Their guidance proved critical to the case.”
- Projects: “The lawyers at Cleary Gottlieb Steen & Hamilton know our business well, meet our expectations and are valuable advisers. They are our main counsel due to the wide bench and their broad expertise, and they are reliable business partners.”
- Banking and Finance: “The lawyers are excellent due to their business-friendly view; they offer practical solutions that take the commercial impact into account, and work very well with strong connections between different teams within Brazil.”
- Capital Markets: “The team’s service is excellent, the lawyers are hands-on and they know Brazilian business culture. Furthermore, the importance they place on quality means we can really rely on them.”
- Corporate/M&A: “The lawyers are very good at what they do and they are able to offer added value to the client by understanding and translating Brazilian culture.”