Cleary Gottlieb Shortlisted for Global Competition Review 2021 Awards
February 19, 2021
Cleary Gottlieb has been shortlisted as a finalist in Global Competition Review’s 2021 awards, with 11 nominations in the case/team categories (including two for Matter of the Year), and two nominations in the individual lawyer categories.
The following matters and deals on which Cleary advised are finalists in the case/team categories:
- Behavioral Matter of the Year – Europe: Italian investigation into carmakers and captive banks and EU General Court’s Lithuanian Railways judgment
- Litigation of the Year – Cartel Defense: Mexican Government Bonds Antitrust Litigation and Yazaki Wire Harness Antitrust Litigation
- Litigation of the Year – Non-cartel Defense: SSA Bonds Antitrust Litigation
- Matter of the Year: Google/Fitbit and Alstom/Bombardier
- Merger Control Matter of the Year – Americas: UTC/Raytheon
- Merger Control Matter of the Year – Asia-Pacific, Middle East, and Africa: Nvidia/Mellanox
- Merger Control Matter of the Year – Europe: Google/Fitbit and Alstom/Bombardier
The following Cleary partners are finalists in their respective categories:
- Lawyer of the Year: Antoine Winckler
- Lawyer of the Year – Under 40: Elaine Ewing
Each year, readers of GCR are invited to vote for the “cases, law firms, lawyers, and enforcers they believe excelled” in the previous year. For a full list of the finalists, and to place your vote for the winners of these awards, click here.
The winners will be announced in a series of special reports that GCR will publish in April 2021.