Cleary Gottlieb Wins Five 2016 Global Legal Awards
July 15, 2016
The American Lawyer announced the winners of its fourth annual Global Legal Awards, and Cleary Gottlieb was honored as a winner in five categories.
The awards recognize cross-border legal matters across a range of practice areas. Cleary’s winning matters were:
- Global Dispute of the Year: Investment Arbitration (Europe): The Hellenic Republic’s arbitration concerning its debt restructuring
- Global M&A Deal of the Year: Europe: Coca-Cola’s three-way merger to create the world’s largest Coca-Cola bottler
- Global M&A Deal of the Year: Korea: MBK Partners’ $6.4 billion acquisition of Homeplus
- Global M&A Deal of the Year: U.K.: SABMiller and Molson Coors’ $100 billion InBev/SAB merger
- Global Finance Deal of the Year: Private Restructuring: The Republic of Iceland’s private restructuring of Icelandic banks
The American Lawyer will name the Global Legal Awards Grand Prize winners in September.