Cleary Gottlieb Wins Seven 2017 Global Legal Awards
July 20, 2017
The American Lawyer announced the winners of its fifth annual Global Legal Awards, and Cleary Gottlieb received the highest number of awards of any law firm with honors in seven categories.
The awards recognize cross-border legal matters across a range of practice areas. Cleary’s winning matters were:
- Global Pro Bono Dispute of the Year: International Death Penalty Project
- Global Finance Deal of the Year: Capital Markets (Debt): Argentina sovereign debt offering
- Global Finance Deal of the Year: Insolvency and Restructuring (Latin America): Enel Américas corporate reorganization
- Global M&A Deal of the Year: Ireland: Tyco International Ltd./Johnson Controls Inc.
- Global M&A Deal of the Year: United Kingdom: SoftBank/ARM Holdings plc
- Global Dispute of the Year: Investment Arbitration: Yukos v. Russia
- Global Dispute of the Year: Transnational Litigation: Nortel Networks bankruptcy
The American Lawyer will name the Global Legal Awards Grand Prize winners in September.