Anne Titus Hilby’s practice focuses on litigation and enforcement.
Anne joined the firm in 2016.
Before joining Cleary, Anne was a legal and policy advisor in the Federal Communications Commission’s Enforcement Bureau where she advised the bureau chief on data privacy and security, consumer protection, and open internet enforcement and aided in developing the commission’s 2016 broadband privacy rule.
Prior to law school, she served as Communications Director for Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords’ 2010 reelection campaign, and as the statewide press secretary to Arizona Attorney General Terry Goddard.
- Executive Editor, Berkeley Journal of International Law, University of California, Berkeley, School of Law
- Extern, Honorable Lucy H. Koh, U.S. District Court for the Northern District of California
- Jane Rosen, Anne Titus Hilby, and Adam Motiwala, “FTC Settlement Signals the Importance of Service Provider Oversight,” Cleary Cybersecurity and Privacy Watch, May 9, 2018
- Rahul Mukhi, Alexis Collins, Anne Titus Hilby, Tanner Mathison, and Adam Motiwala, “Regulators and Law Enforcement Discuss Cyber Enforcement Priorities and Urge Cooperation Following Data Breaches,” Cleary Cybersecurity and Privacy Watch, April 24, 2018
- Alexis Collins, Anne Titus Hilby, and Tanner Mathison, “Revised FTC-Uber Data Breach Settlement to Include Second Breach, Criticize ‘Bug Bounty’ Payment,” Cleary Cybersecurity and Privacy Watch, April 16, 2018
- Jonathan Kolodner, Matthew Solomon, Rahul Mukhi, and Anne Titus Hilby, “The SEC Cyber Unit’s First 6 Months, and What’s Ahead,” Law360, April 2, 2018
- Steven S. McCarty-Snead and Anne Titus Hilby, “Research Guide to European Data Protection Law”, 42 International Journal of Legal Information 348 (2014)