Cunzhen Huang’s practice focuses on competition/antitrust law.
She also has experience in enforcement and international trade law matters.
Cunzhen joined the firm in January 2009 and rejoined in January 2013. From 2009 to 2010, she was resident in the Brussels office. From 2011 to 2012 and 2013 to 2014, she was resident in the Washington, D.C. office. From 2014 to 2015, she was resident in the London office. Prior to joining the firm, Cunzhen had an internship in DG Competition of the European Commission.
Cunzhen has published articles on competition law, contributed to antitrust treatises, and worked with the ABA to provide comments to China’s antitrust agencies regarding draft rules under China’s Anti-Monopoly Law.
- “A Ten-Year Review of Merger Enforcement in China” (co-author), The American Bar Association’s Antitrust Source, August Issue, 2018
- “Mergers in China: An Overview of Leading Case Law,” Concurrences Competition Case Law Digest: A Synthesis of EU and National Leading Cases, September 2017
- “Convergence with Chinese Characteristics? A Cross-Jurisdictional Comparative Study of Recent Merger Enforcement in China,” ABA Antitrust Magazine, Spring 2017
- “Mergers in China: An Overview of Leading Case Law,” Concurrences e-Competitions Bulletin, December 2016
- “A Five Year Review of Merger Enforcement in China” (co-author), The American Bar Association’s Antitrust Source, October Issue, 2013
- “MOFCOM Publishes Draft Merger Remedy Rules” (co-author), Competition Policy International (CPI) Asia Anti-Trust Column, May 21, 2013
- “Antitrust Litigation in China - A Step Forward” (co-author), Competition Policy International (CPI) Asia Anti-Trust Column, June 18, 2012
- “China’s Ministry of Industry and Information Technology Issues Final Internet Rules,” Intellectual Property & Technology Journal, June 1, 2012
- “Tension between Anti-Circumvention and Antitrust Polices on Intellectual Property - Datel v. Microsoft” (co-author), Electronics Intellectual Property, Vol. 4, 2011
- “First Price Cartel Cases under the Chinese AML” (co-author), American Bar Association, Section of Antitrust Law, International Antitrust Bulletin, Vol. 2, 2010
- “Shanghai’s First Use of China’s Anti-Monopoly Law” (co-author), Law 360, Competition Law, November 17, 2009
- “Merger Control under China’s Anti-Monopoly Law: the First Year” (co-author), The China Business Review, July-August 2009
- “China’s Anti-Monopoly Law: One Year On” (co-author), Bloomberg Law Reports - Asia Pacific, Vol. 2, No. 6, 2009
- “Merger Control in China: Still a Long Way to Go” (co-author), Concurrences N 3, 2008
- “Towards ‘Independent Regulator’: Significant Step under the WTO Framework for Pro-competitive Environment in China’s Basic Telecommunications,” Journal of Heilongjiang Administrative Cadre Institute of Politics and Law, Vol. 49 (selected paper for 5th Workshop for International Young Scholars (WISH), Aix-en-Provence, France), 2006
- “The Relevant Legal Issues regarding the Veto of Permanent Members in the United Nations Security Council,” Journal of Heilongjiang Administrative Cadre Institute of Politics and Law, Vol. 49, 2005
- “The Relevant Legal Issues regarding ‘Fixed-profit’ Clause in Sino-Foreign Contractual Joint Ventures,” Economic and Trade Practice, Vol. 45, 2005
- “The Status and Development of Rules on Electronic Commerce in the Framework of WTO and China’s Strategies,” Wuhan University International Law Review, Vol. 2, 2004
- “Proposals of Legislation Improvement on the Crime of Infringing Commercial Secrets,” Zhejiang Social Science, Special, 2003
June 07, 2019
March 26, 2019
October 25, 2018
August 01, 2018
November 29, 2017
December 08, 2014
May 24, 2014